It now has its own awareness month, right up there with heart disease, stroke and cancer.
It is a serious issue. So much that annually The Grass Roots Organization for the Well-being of Seniors here in Montgomery County, Maryland sponsors a series of Educational talks and programs for senior citizens and their families that focuses on fall prevention in and around the home.
I am pleased to be a part of this program again this year. I will be at five venues around the county presenting a talk called “Who will Catch You When You Fall?”
My schedule for the events follows:
- Sept 9, 2 pm to 3 pm, Forest Oak Tower, 100 Odenhal Ave, Gaithersburg,
- Sept 11, 1230 pm to 130 pm, Elizabeth House, 1400 Fenwick La, Silver Spring
- Sept 18, 230 pm to 330 pm Arcola Tower, 1135 University Blvd W, Silver Spring
- Sept 19, 3 pm to 4 pm Waverly House, 4521 East West Hwy, Bethesda
- Sept 19, 3 pm to 4 pm Town Center Apartments, 90 Monroe St, Rockville
All events are open to the public, so stop by and bring family and friends!
See you there!