When investigating transportation options there are a few things to consider before making a decision about what type of transportation will best keep your loved one connected to all of her activities. In our tip blogs this month, we’ll discuss the more important questions to ask.
Consider whether your loved one can afford the services available in her area. Try to nail-down a monthly transportation budget and if it looks like you can’t afford the services needed, seek out alternative funding sources. Ask the following questions:
- What is the cost of the service?
- How are the costs calculated?
- Is there a membership fee?
- Are there any discounts available?
- Can an account be set up in advance with the service?
- Will my insurance pay for rides by this service provider?
- Is my loved one’s or my income a factor for using this service?