When investigating transportation options there are a few things to consider before making a decision about what type of transportation will best keep your loved one connected to all of her activities. In our tip blogs this month, we’ll discuss the more important questions to ask.
The best transportation services are ones that are the most flexible. While some needs are predictable, like regular doctor’s appointments or monthly medication pick-ups, other needs arise somewhat spontaneously. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to plan out their days in advance and for the elderly, especially, it can be very helpful to have a service that is flexible enough to accommodate last-minute changes.
- What is the procedure for setting up a ride?
- Is there a fee for canceling?
- How much time is required to schedule a pick-up or drop-off?
- Does the service offer one-way rides, round-trips, and multiple-destination rides?
- Are there any limitations on time spent at locations?